Friday, July 13, 2007
Friday
Today is Friday, and I am so glad that the weekend is almost here. John and I have to go to his Mom's birthday party tomorrow night, but besides that the weekend looks like it will be nice and relaxing. His mom just turned 70- she does NOT look her age at all. She is such a beautiful person inside and out, and I hope her party goes well. Last night I found out some very disturbing news. A man that I used to know (his kids played with my stepdaughter) was murdered in Cypress. He was such a wonderful person, and I can't believe that his family was hurt like this. It really hits too close to home, this time of year is so hard for me because the anniversary of Steve's death in on the 18th of this month. I am going to try very hard to keep level headed and think of the future and what could be instead of what was and what I have lost. On the stitching front, I have had 2 finishes in the past few weeks. I am going to post pictures, I need to update my webshots pictures as well. Another thing I can concentrate on instead of unpleasant things that will only depress me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Eileen!
Happy belated birthday to your MIL. It is so nice to meet people that are so wonderful inside and out.
Sorry to hear about the person who died. Cypress has been getting a bit dangerous lately for some reason. I have a friend who lived there after they escaped Iran when she was a child.
I hope you were able to cope with the anniversary too. It's good you have John with you to help you thru this time. And yes, it is much better to look towards the future and not the past. I heard that somewhere on tv lately too.
I can't wait to see your stitching updates!
I hope you are feeling better too!
Mary
Post a Comment