Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday- Primary Day

Today is Primary day, so there is no school.  The kids are playing downstairs, so far so good.  I am sure they will be up and down the stairs for most of the day.  I am just getting over being sick, I am tired of being sickly and weak. I am almost done with stitching the Princess and The Pea by Little House Needlework.  I absolutely love this piece, and am really enjoying stitching it, the colors are so cheerful and the design is adorable. It is a Christmas gift for my niece Amara.  I bought a copy of the book "Princess and The Pea", and I will either frame the stitching or make a pillow to give her.  My only concern with the pillow is that I used Crescent Colors for the floss, and they are not colorfast.  I wonder if you can dry clean them? If I frame it the piece will stay clean, but it would make such a cute pillow. Anywhoo- I think it will make a nice gift.  My father called from Washington State last night, they are leaving there today to drive to Oregon.  I am nervous.  I know that they are capable adults who have travelled the world, but still...  I just have to keep telling myself that it will be okay and that they are having fun.  Tammy sent me the best magazine, is has the top 10 quilts stores in America.  One is right near her.  Talk about bait Tammy, I could be on your doorstep one morning!  
Happy Stitching :0)

3 comments:

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Hey,
I just found your blog again. Someone deleted the link from favorites. I suppose it was an accident from a nine year old clicking away without a clue.
Tammy

Mary said...

Do you have a picture of Princess and the Pea that you stitched? I think that is a great present... the book and the stitched item.

I was tagged and I am tagging you. You can look at my blog for instructions.

I'm starting to catch up with my own blogging.

Have a great day!
Hugs!
Mary

Mary said...

Hi Eileen!
I tagged you on my blog for a quick photo tag. You can look at my blog for the details if you want to participate.
Hugs!
Mary