Friday, September 05, 2008

25 Reasons to be happy

Last night I could not sleep.  I was up at 4 am listening to Auntie Rhonda sing and mutter to herself, it was adorable.  My parents are away for a few weeks, so my aunt who has DS is staying with us.  She is a 47 year old 6 year old- absolutely precious. So while I was awake, I started making lists like I always do, lists that usually get ripped up and thrown away.  I write about projects that I would like to finish, weight I would like to lose etc.  I think it might be good for me to come up with 25 reasons to be happy, so that is what I am posing today.  Later on I am sure I will be back to making lists that are doomed, but for now I will keep to the light side of things and be thankful.

25 Reasons to be happy
1. My mother and I are closer that we have ever been before
2. My father and I can have a conversation without him being distracted by a ball game
3. My husband loves me
4. My Auntie loves me
5. Even though I have diabetes, I am feeling alright and my sugars are pretty stable
6.My niece Amara loves me, and I have time to enjoy her
7. My nephew John loves me, some as above.  
8.I am able to see, hear and speak
9.I am able to walk
10.I have good friends
11. I am lucky to have good close friends 
12. I am never hungry
13. I am never cold in the winter nor hot in the summer
14. I have a good car that gets me where I need to go
15. I have a wonderful stitching group filled with supportive, talented and loving friends
16.My sister and I can be in the same room without trying to kill one another
17.My brother is finally happy and I can stop worrying about him
18.I have the ability to read and write.
19.I have good medical care that we can afford
20.I can afford my prescriptions (this makes me very happy, and very sad for those who have trouble covering the cost of being well)
21.I live in a happy home
22. I have good pets (the dog loves me, the hedgehog hates everyone)
23.I have enough stash to last 3 lifetimes
24. John is supportive of my stash problem and never yells at me for spending money on projects that we both know will most likely never get stitched
25. Bedtime.  Bedtime makes me happy.
Not the best list, but I will re read it when I am feeling down.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Eileen!
What a wonderful list you made! I am so glad your auntie is spending time with you and you can her enjoy her special qualities like singing and mubbling away. Sounds like she can entertain herself very well. Something some people without DS can't do very well at all.
I'm glad you posted. I've missed your posts. I'm going to hopefully post something this weekend including updates on my stitching, I hope.
I should try to do your 25 list of things that make me happy too. Not sure if I will post it on my public blog right away but I'll at least post it on my private blog (my bitching blog...lol) so it will be a great reminder for me too.

Hugs!!!!!!!
Mary